Inspired by athletes and made for you, this hybrid packs all the technology needed for Moving Quickly in the Mountains™ into one fast, protective shoe.
Merrell took on the improbable of introducing a new way to move in the mountains after a few of their athlete ambassadors challenged them to build a shoe that has never been built before.
Inspired by professional mountaineers such as Mike Chambers, Simon Donato, and Jason Antin, the MQM Flex— which stands for “Moving Quickly in the Mountains”—is light and flexible enough to propel you up a mountain, yet stable and protective enough to allow you to charge back down.
The shoes offer a secure fit with a HyperlockTM heel, natural flex with bi-directional flex grooves, and serious grip with a durable, sticky rubber outsole. The MQM Flex comes in mid, low, and waterproof styles, and serves as the bridge between a hardcore hiking boot and an ultra-athletic trail runner, making it the ultimate hiking companion.
• GORE-TEX® waterproof membrane bonded InvisibleFit construction for lightweight, breathable protection that fits and feels like an unprotected shoe
• Mesh and TPU upper
• Traditional lace closure
• Bellows’ tongue keeps debris out
• Breathable mesh lining
• Hyperlock™ printed TPU film heel counter for security
• EVA removable footbed
• FLEXconnect™ dual-directional flex-groove EVA midsole for agility and stability
• Merrell Air Cushion in the heel absorbs shock and adds stability
• TrailProtect™ pad offers additional support off road
• M Select™ GRIP outsole tunes each outsole with durable traction that grips when and where you need it
• 3.5mm lug depth
• Weight: 1 lb 3oz / 552g