Nutrition expert Renee McGregor explains how to prepare these endurance building Salmon wraps
Once training is over it’s crucial that you begin the recovery process nutritionally. You’ve up to two hours to get this process underway, but research indicates that the sooner you start the better. These salmon wraps make for a great choice – the omega 3 fat content will help reduce inflammation and fatigue. The wholemeal tortilla will start to replenish your carb stores, whilst the avocado will provide more essential fats and the B vitamins in the lettuce will help energy release.
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 200g grilled or canned salmon, skinned and
- 2tbsp plain yoghurt
- 1½ tbsp lime juice
- 2 wholemeal tortilla wraps
- ½ avocado, peeled pitted and sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced
- 2 handfuls of shredded lettuce
- Mix the salmon with the yoghurt and lime juice
- Divide the salmon mixture equally between the wraps and top each one with half the avocado, tomato and lettuce. Roll and fold each wrap to encase the filling. Serve immediately, or wrap in cling film/plastic wrap for a take-away.
Nutrition facts (per serving)
Calories 534; carbohydrate 51.8g; fat 23.1g (of which saturates 4.6g); protein 32.5
Renne McGregor is a registered dietician and sports nutritionist and ultra runner at eatwellfeelfab.co.uk