Managing avalanche danger into a line is key for staying safe in the mountains.
Xavier De Le Rue shows you how he snowboards thinking it will slide/avalanche every time he drops in, regardless of the conditions so that if anything goes wrong he will have the habits ingrained that will help him and his team to stay safe.
- Always check your avalanche gear before you drop in to your first line.
- Never ride alone.
- Always leave ample distance between you and the next rider.
- The top of the line is always more prone to go than the middle.
- Pay attention at the top.
- The mountain will always be there, if it’s not perfect then just wait.
- Keep speed between each safe spots.
- Make sure you practice these steps every day and it will become a habit.