A quick introduction to some of the latest gear, tech and nutrition releases
Patagonia Men’s Stretch Nano Storm Jacket
- Light (581 g) and stretchy 2-layer waterproof
- Breathable liner, allowing heat to move away from the body
- Alpine helmet-compatible
- 2-way adjustable hood
- Pockets: two waterproof, PU-coated chest pockets; two welted, high handwarmer pockets and two internal pockets
- Self-fabric hook-and-loop cuff closures and dual-adjust cohesive embedded cord-lock system at hem
Patagonia Men’s Nano Puff Jacket
- Thermally efficient synthetic insulation
- Wind-blocking, 100% recycled polyester shell sheds moisture
- Low-bulk (60g)
- Highly compressible
- 55% post-consumer recycled content. Using this fill the Nano will save more than 2 million plastic bottles from the landfill in the first year alone.
- 100% organic and gluten free
- Flavours: Original Oat Bar; Banana Oat Bar; Cacao & Raspberry Bar; Protein Oat Bar
- New recipe made with coconut palm blossom – a natural and unrefined sugar source, with a caramel taste and low GI.
New ViewRanger route watch app
ViewRanger has redesigned its watch app to take advantage of the improved capabilities of Apple Watch Series 2
- Uses the GPS within the watch to pinpoint the wearer’s exact location, allowing them to navigate with the watch independently of the iPhone
- Access route descriptions and learn interesting facts about the landscape around
- New watch instantly links into ViewRanger’s mapping technology and active outdoor community
- Works offline without mobile or data signals
Altura New Autumn/Winter Cycling Collection
The brand has launched its new range for the cooler months. Available in the collection are, the lightweight Podium Elite Waterproof Jacket, Peloton Progel Bib Tights, ThermoCool Base Layer, Thermostretch II Neoprene Overshoe and gloves.
Available at www.altura.eu
New additions to the TomTom GPS watch range
- Upload unexplored routes via the MySports website on to your watch.
- Key stats for every activity including time, distance, speed, pace and calories burned
- Built-in music player
- Built-in cardio sensor
- 11 hours of GPS tracking
- Water resistant (40m/130FT)
TomTom Spark 3 Cardio + Music and Runner 3 Cardio + Music are available for pre-order now on http://www.tomtom.com. The full range will be available in stores in October.
Merrell reboots footwear classics
The brand’s new range has all the functionality and practicality of a comfortable, hi-tech walking shoe but combined with a whole new fresh and stylish look. Pictured here is the re-released Eagle boot.
- Modernised take on a traditional hiking boot style
- Lace enclosure
- Heel air cushion.
Also from the range are the Solo, Stowe and 1Six8
New Wash Wizard
£7.99 for five sponges
A sponge and soap, all in one. Just add a dash of water from your bottle, tap, river or well, squeeze to activate the Aloe Vera foam, and get washing.
No more need to carry around soap for post race washing.
- Fragrance free
- Extremely lightweight
- Ingredients: Sponge, Aloe Vera, Sodium Lauryl Sulfoacetate